8:00 Adult 1—Vessels of Light (54-72 Ladies) - Room 123
The Vessels of Light Life Group is a diverse group of ladies who are single, married, widowed and divorced. Some are employed, and others are retired, but continue to be involved in a wide range of activities at NBC and in the community. We laugh, encourage, share, pray and sometimes cry together as we grow in Christ. We range in age from around 50 to 75ish, but whatever your age, we welcome you to come at 8:00 each Sunday morning for Bible Study and prayer, prior to the 9:15 worship service.
On the first Tuesday evening of each month, the class meets to share praise and prayer needs, to pray together and to plan activities. Our projects are mission-minded and many are ongoing such as our
· card ministry
· annual drive to collect socks and underwear for Mission Columbia and Oliver Gospel Mission
· annual USC international dinner planning and participation
· we give financial support for children’s activities
· we support the activities of the ministry team to Jenni-Lynn Assisted Living
· we go Christmas caroling to homebound members and friends.
Just to name a few activities.
A class member has this to say: “I have learned that as we are obedient to our Lord and Savior, others’ lives will be brightened by our walk. Our group is always ready to lend a helping hand, to pray for each other and best of all, to love each other.”
We have three verses that describe the Vessels of Light: Matthew 5:16, Isaiah 58:10, and we close each lesson on Sunday with Psalm 19:14: “Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”