"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint".—Isaiah 40:31
Our Senior Adults are on the go, prayerwalking, spreading the gospel, sharing love through hotel ministry, collecting food and coats for Mission Columbia, encouraging others by mail and phone calls, enjoying fellowships, and more!
- What is its purpose? To stay in contact with those who are unable to attend church on a regular basis.
- Who is visited? Church members, or family or friends of church members.
- How else are they contacted? Calls, Valentine or special occasion cards, and/or our monthly Faith Directions newsletter. Twice a year the Lord’s Supper is brought to each homebound member and their family.
- Who visits? Sponsors, deacons, church staff and volunteers who are members of the Homebound Ministry Team.
- Where do they visit? In private homes, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities (Agape, National Health Care, Heartland, Brian Center, etc).
- How often do they visit? The goal is to visit at least once a month or more often if appropriate & agreeable to both parties.
- How can I be involved? By joining the Homebound Ministry Team which meets quarterly at the church. We welcome your involvement.
- How can I request visits? By contacting one of the numbers below and giving your name, phone number, and address. (If you are calling for someone else, be sure it’s alright with them).
- Who to contact? Director, Shirley Stevens at 803-796-2734 or Cindy Barnett at 803-461-0093
The Xtra Years of Zest group meets the third Tuesday of each month for a delicious lunch, special program and great fellowship. No reservations needed!
Widow/Widower Support Group
the group meets monthly to encourage, support and pray for each other. They occasionally meet for lunch off campus.
Nursing Home Ministry
Minister to nursing home residents by visiting and praying together.
Connie Maxwell Children's Home
Participate in various projects providing encouragement and love to CMCH children