- We believe there is only one true God. We believe there is one and only one living and true God. He is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. God is all powerful, all knowing, and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future, including the future decisions of His creation. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience. The eternal God reveals himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being. This is called the Trinity.
- We believe the Bible is God’s Perfect Word. We believe the Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. Therefore, all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. It reveals the principles by which God judges us, and therefore is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
- We believe Jesus is the eternal Son of God. We believe Jesus is the eternal Son of God, co-equal with the Father. When Jesus took on human form, He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and offered Himself as the one and only perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven and will return again to earth to reign as King.
- We believe the Holy Spirit fills every believer at salvation. We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He guided human authors to give us a perfect Bible. He is present in the world today to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power, understanding, and guidance. When we are saved, the Holy Spirit gives every believer at least one spiritual gift. As Christians, we seek to live under his control.
- We believe mankind is separated from God by Sin and our only hope is God’s free gift of salvation. We believe man is made in the image of God, the supreme object of God’s creation. In the beginning, man was innocent of sin and was endowed by God with freedom of choice. By his free choice Adam, the first man, sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. This sin separates us from God, causes many problems in life, and results in eternal death. Our only hope is Gods free gift of salvation provided through Jesus death on the cross. When we repent of our sin, place our faith in Jesus, and surrender to Jesus as Lord we are saved. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Since salvation is a gift, we are secure. We cannot lose our salvation. We can however lose our joy and effectiveness through sin which will bring the loving discipline of our heavenly father.
- We believe everyone will spend eternity somewhere. God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring this world to its appropriate end. According to His promise, Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to earth, the dead will be raised, and Christ will judge all men. Those who have accepted Christ will spend eternity in heaven. Those who have rejected Him will spend eternity in hell. Heaven and hell are real places.
- We believe every Christian is expected to be a part of a local church. We believe the church is a local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant for the purpose of inviting people to believe in Jesus, belong to His family, and become like Him. We believe Jesus is the head of the church but for the purpose of order and direction, He has called Pastors to lead His church.
- We believe the family is the foundational institution in society. We believe God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. A family is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption/placement. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. A husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. He has the God-given responsibility to provide for, to protect, and to lead his family. A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. She, being in the image of God, as is her husband, and thus equal to him, has the God-given responsibility to respect her husband and to serve as his helper in managing the household and nurturing the next generation. Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to demonstrate to their children God's pattern for marriage. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent example and loving discipline. Children are to honor and obey their parents.
- We believe Christians are to live by God’s standards. We believe all Christians are called to be “salt and light” in the world. Therefore, in the spirit of Christ, we should oppose racism, every form of greed, selfishness, and vice, and all forms of sexual immorality, including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography. We should work to provide for the orphaned, the needy, the abused, the aged, the helpless, and the sick. We should speak on behalf of the unborn and contend for the sanctity of all human life. Every Christian should seek to bring society as a whole under the principles of righteousness, truth, and brotherly love.